The College of New Jersey affirms the following Core Beliefs as
fundamental to its Mission:
- The College comprises a caring, friendly, and respectful community where the contributions of students, faculty, staff and alumni are valued and recognized.
- The College provides a seamless, engaging educational environment characterized by academic freedom, creative expressions, critical thinking, intellectual inquiry, and service learning.
- The College’s faculty and staff take pride in offering a personal educational experience to every undergraduate and graduate student.
- The College’s cultural, social, and intellectual life are enriched and
enlivened by diversity.
- The College provides facilities, programs, services, and amenities that enhance opportunities for formal and informal interaction in a living-learning environment.
- The College promotes wellness and fosters the development of the whole person.
- The College embraces its heritage and is committed to reevaluating its mission in response to the changing needs of society.
- The College prepares its students to be successful, ethical, and visionary leaders in a multicultural, highly technological, and increasingly global world.
- The College believes that an educated individual possesses an understanding of his or her own culture, an appreciation of other cultures, and the capacity to facilitate genuine cross-cultural interaction.
- The College regards education in the service of human welfare as its